No announcement yet.

My Emersed Aquatic Plant Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice collection. What are those ball things in the pot?

Comment

Thank you!

Those are expanded clay balls called Hydroton for hydroponic growing. I find that the anubias really like it.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Got an open spathe from my little C. Wendtii Bronze

Comment

The C. Unknown in the tub has an open spathe

Comment

C. Unknown

C. Wendtii 'Green Gecko'

Comment

How do they smell?
                The Planted Aquarium Blog

Comment

Its really hard for me to put a finger on the smell, sort of earthy and almost rubbery. I know every Crypt species has a different smell but from what I've noticed, its a pretty mellow scent. I've heard some Crypts actually have a stinky spathe.

Comment

Some smell funky, other pretty good kinda fruity(ripe mango). However there are a few that smell like rotting fruit.
                    The Planted Aquarium Blog

Comment

This is the best pic of the paludarium C. Unknown spathe I could get.

Comment

That's not becketii or even petchii. Beckettii has a yellow horn, this has a red horn and doesn't have the extreme taper I was expecting. This is a wendtii hybrid.
                        "You are much better off with no numbers than meaningless ones. The minute you believe numbers uncritically, that is, without understanding how they're calculated and how well they measure whatever they're supposed to measure, you will generate a breed of employee who will produce numbers and not results. Your data-processing system will then serve not to describe reality but to lie about it."

-Micheal S. Montalbano

Comment

Really nice setup!!! Beautiful emersed crypts I wish I had access to those types of crypts... Nice work.

And they are receiving only 6 hours of light per day??

What is the soil mix that you are using for the pots.
                          Last edited by Freakplant; 07-17-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X