Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bitFUUL's Triquatic Grow Station - Tool Box of Plants - 12 Emersed Grow Boxes & 50gal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should build mini hoop house my friend. Easy and you will have twice as much plant space
    The Planted Aquarium Blog

Comment

Originally posted by AquaZilla View Post
      You should build mini hoop house my friend. Easy and you will have twice as much plant space
      I live in a small townhome community, my grow space is very limited. Trust me though, I'd love to have a hoop house for my plants/aquaponics.
      [50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]

Comment

Very true, but if you made mini versions/Nano you could! But your right, limited space is a draw back for now.

4 tiered racks to the ceiling!

Comment

Some shots of the outside projects:

Crypt Only tank. How many can you spot?

Comment

I have to ask, what do you do with the setup during Autumn, Winter and early Spring? Just bring them inside?
            "You are much better off with no numbers than meaningless ones. The minute you believe numbers uncritically, that is, without understanding how they're calculated and how well they measure whatever they're supposed to measure, you will generate a breed of employee who will produce numbers and not results. Your data-processing system will then serve not to describe reality but to lie about it."

-Micheal S. Montalbano

Comment

The aquaponics I can run year round here, though certain nights in winter I shut the pump off and drop a heater + airstone into the rearing tank, so the fish don't freeze.
              The plants stay outside too besides for a few nights with freeze warnings, then they take over my living room for a few days each year.

Neither the plants nor the fish THRIVE during the cold weather, but they do survive without issues.

Comment

This is also why I'm excited during the sunny months here, because things go crazy! My tilapia are eating SO much food, which means they are fattening up faster. Plus in the aquaponics setup, we grew a 6.5 foot okra tree in 3 months... from seed!

Comment

Wow... Looking really good.

I see 4 crypts?

Comment

Wow... Looking really good.

I see 4 crypts?
                    It should be closer to 8-12, naturally the Parva is hiding.

Comment

Oh, 8-12 species? Or plants alone?

Comment

Oh, 8-12 species? Or plants alone?
                        I think it's over 12+ species actually.. With maybe 40 plants total... Crypts are so hard to identify but rewarding plants to grow!

Comment

I planted an okra seed 3.5 months ago in my aquaponics setup, yesterday I pulled out an 8+ foot tree!

Comment

Holly crap!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X