Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airing an Emersed Tank at Night vs. Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airing an Emersed Tank at Night vs. Day?

When is the best time in the photosynthesis process to "air" an emersed tank. During the night or day?
    [50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]

I think it should be relatively consistent through out the life of the tank. To much humidity and you get problems, to little and things can dry out. I automate our tunnels with fans to bring in fresh air upon demand.
    The Planted Aquarium Blog

Comment

In my emersed 55 the tops aren't 100% sealed so it allows air to escape. My humidity stays right around 85% always. And I've had no issues. Everything's grows amazing

Comment

Most of my smaller tanks have small holes for venting, but my larger emersed setups seem to do great fully sealed. So I do manually air them once or twice a week during waterings, but didn't know if a daytime vs. nighttime airing could matter.

Comment

Just a side question, how often do you mist if its full sealed?
          First Planted 95G
          Mr. Aqua 11.4 Crypts and Shrimp
          Originally posted by onefang
          Sometimes not doing anything is the best thing you can do.

Comment

Fully sealed should not need any misting. You have to be very careful with to much moisture. The plants can get confused and go between emmersed and submersed growth stress. Especially crypt species.

Prim example of too much misting. C.Crispitula going full aquatic in this table.

The Planted Aquarium Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jkan0228 View Post
              My largest emersed tank is my 2'x2'x1' with HC, fully sealed. Misting (and water changes) happen every week or two, it seems to be doing great without lots of attention.

Originally posted by AquaZilla View Post
              Fully sealed should not need any misting. You have to be very careful with to much moisture. The plants can get confused and go between emmersed and submersed growth stress. Especially crypt species.

Prim example of to much misting. C.Crispitula going full aquatic in this table.
              Sweet looking crypts! I completely understand the fine line between emersed/submersed, as the plants can surely be confused. I've got a Stargrass growing emersed for a year now, and it isn't supposed to be an "emersed plant". Granted, it's not thriving, but the plant is surely "tricked".

Just didn't know if someone has any thoughts about doing "air changes" at night vs. during the day, as the plants are doing different things.

Comment

Originally posted by jkan0228 View Post
                My largest emersed tank is my 2'x2'x1' with HC, fully sealed. Misting (and water changes) happen every week or two, it seems to be doing great without lots of attention.

Originally posted by AquaZilla View Post

Prim example of to much misting. C.Crispitula going full aquatic in this table.
                Sweet looking crypts! I completely understand the fine line between emersed/submersed, as the plants can surely be confused. I've got a Stargrass growing emersed for a year now, and it isn't supposed to be an "emersed plant". Granted, it's not thriving, but the plant is surely "tricked".

Just didn't know if someone has any thoughts about doing "air changes" at night vs. during the day, as the plants are doing different things.

Comment

Working...
                X