No announcement yet.

What Jeff does when he has too much time and anubias on his hands

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AquaZilla View Post
    Thats correct. Check out Johns video from his visit. Notice all plants are nice and dry, but humidity is typical florida 70-75+%

Do you know if they're using Hydroponics or Aquaponics?
    Very lush plants!
    [50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]

All the plants are in net pots. The net pots sit in a puddle of reticulated water. All of the pots have a knot of potting soil inside the rock wool with some ferts. If you have ever ordered a potted aqua plant and you remove the rock wool you will see a rubber band and huge mud ball.

They sit in a huge flood table, similar to hydroponics. No aquaponics at FAN.
      The Planted Aquarium Blog

A long overdue update which I forgot to get to when I was back home. Now that the plants have essentially become fully established you can see if you look closely that some of the older submerged leaves are starting to yellow.

Not as much growth as I expected but growth nonetheless. Next update will come around mid May
        First Planted 95G
        Mr. Aqua 11.4 Crypts and Shrimp
        Originally posted by onefang
        Sometimes not doing anything is the best thing you can do.

Very impressive! They all look very healthy.
          "You are much better off with no numbers than meaningless ones. The minute you believe numbers uncritically, that is, without understanding how they're calculated and how well they measure whatever they're supposed to measure, you will generate a breed of employee who will produce numbers and not results. Your data-processing system will then serve not to describe reality but to lie about it."

-Micheal S. Montalbano

Leafy greens looking really good!
            The Planted Aquarium Blog