Nu-Clear 533 filter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nu-Clear 533 filter

What is the best intake setup for this system?

Oh yeah, that's one of those pump powered modular systems. Probably best fed by gravity and an in tank overflow into a sump. Basically, a professional wet/dry system. Systems like this are meant for those big Eheim Universal pumps.

You always have to marvel a little bit when your filter basket requires a pressure gauge as a part of its safe operation.
    "You are much better off with no numbers than meaningless ones. The minute you believe numbers uncritically, that is, without understanding how they're calculated and how well they measure whatever they're supposed to measure, you will generate a breed of employee who will produce numbers and not results. Your data-processing system will then serve not to describe reality but to lie about it."

-Micheal S. Montalbano

Comment

Would a outside over flow box work best? I have a Blueline 55 HD External Water Pump with 1in MPT in/out and a Nu-Clear 533 for Mechanical filter and a Nu-Clear Model 547 with Bio Balls for Biological filtering.

Comment

Originally posted by inkslinger View Post
        Would a outside over flow box work best?
        Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. Into a sump, of course. I have to ask, how big of a tank are you putting together, here? It sounds excitingly massive, like over 120 gallons.
        "You are much better off with no numbers than meaningless ones. The minute you believe numbers uncritically, that is, without understanding how they're calculated and how well they measure whatever they're supposed to measure, you will generate a breed of employee who will produce numbers and not results. Your data-processing system will then serve not to describe reality but to lie about it."

-Micheal S. Montalbano

Comment

close,but not that big ,125g. was thinking from the box to the pump then the filters. with the instruction that they have for the Nu-Clear Inland Seas they just show 2 intakes 1inch then a Y then into a pump and 1 return. they don't show what to use for the intakes or the return. if worse come i just sell this set up, I've also have a Eheim 2262 that I've use on this tank the last 10yrs.

Comment

See, when I think of systems like this, I picture something very linear:

Downbox/Overflow > Sump > Pump (in sump) > Filtration > Return

A Y in the path suggests multiple inputs/outputs, as you are well aware, so that may just be an option presented if you want two pump powered intakes at either end of your tank or two powered outflows into your tank. Of course, they won't tell you how to do it, but the option is there, which is nice of them. This could also imply a tolerance for multiple pumps powering the system, a tacit admission that the system can be scaled. That would require one of these:

3-way PVC ball valve.jpg

-Micheal S. Montalbano

Comment

Working...
            X