Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt soil type.

Hello everyone !

So I recently tore down my riparium and its gonna get dirted and rescaped.

Problem is its the middle of winter here and none of the shops hold alot of inventory when it comes to potting mixes or soils. I normally just get the MIracl Gro Organic mix. But all I see right now are potting soils with added ferts (like regular miracle gro pottiin soil ) or one organic soils with Myoactive, which sounds like a fancy name for just another fert. Is there anything I can do with these soils to dirt my tank or should I juste wait till I can get my hands on an organic brand ?

Thanks in advance !!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    33 g from A to Z
    10 g riparium 20 gallon dirted tank

Store brands are usually pretty modest when it comes to added nutrients, you just have to make sure they don't contain manure and remember to sieve out the woody bits. I've noticed that sometimes there are regional brands that are just as reliable.
    "You are much better off with no numbers than meaningless ones. The minute you believe numbers uncritically, that is, without understanding how they're calculated and how well they measure whatever they're supposed to measure, you will generate a breed of employee who will produce numbers and not results. Your data-processing system will then serve not to describe reality but to lie about it."

-Micheal S. Montalbano

Comment

I found some cheap potting soil mix made by a local store. They put no ferts or manure in it. Should be good Now I just need to find my gravel...I think I wanna go for a more rocky type setting..... no wood.....to be continued in the tank area.... Thanks Ukamikazu as usual
      So long, and thanks for all the fish!
      33 g from A to Z
      10 g riparium 20 gallon dirted tank

Comment

Working...
      X